In2004, Jackie Robinson and a team of volunteers decided that with all of the interest in quilting in Northwest Montana, a quilt show in Eureka would be quite fitting. They worked together to test the waters and tried a dry-run that year. The next year, the Eureka Montana Quilt Show was born!
After a successful first year, a “VOTER’S CHOICE” option was made available for all attendees in 2006. Votes for the visitors’ favorite quilt were counted and the winner was asked to be “featured” the next year. The first “Featured Quilter” was honored in 2007 and it became a part of the show that had great anticipation and excitement.
EMQS Featured Quilters:
- 2007 – Marie Blunk, Babb, MT
- 2008 – Connee Greig, Kila, MT
- 2009 – Susan Farmer, Libby, MT
- 2010 – Pat Holder, Eureka, MT
- 2011 – Laurie Hockett, Havre, MT
- 2012 – Nancy Janikowsky, Kalispell, MT
- 2013 – Dellora Gauger, Eureka, MT
- 2014 – Judy Porter, Spokane, WA
- 2015 – Marie Blunk, Babb, MT
- 2016 – Sylvia Bryan, Kalispell, MT
- 2017 – Carol Hanson, Eureka, MT
The quilt show has brought expert quilters, beginning quilters, quilt-lovers and tons of visitors to town on the first Saturday in August, since 2005. It has become the most colorful day of the year for Eureka!